Ready for another quick, easy weeknight dinner idea?! What I love most cooking is being able to tweak on the fly. I usually find a recipe then put my own spin on it, but usually just have a hankering for something and try to get creative with what's in my fridge and freezer. For this week, I present- Tikka Masala!
- Whatever protein you prefer (I used tofu here)
- Rice (I felt like cauliflower rice this time, but any kind works!)
- 1.5 c Cashews
- 1 Lg yellow onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1.5" chunk of fresh ginger
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Coriander seeds
- Ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Whatever additional veggies you might want to add (peas, green beans, chick peas, mushroom, bell peppers... whatever is in the fridge!)
1. Get your protein cooking. I like to make crispy tofu using coconut oil and 1T. of Coconut Aminos. Toss into a hot cast iron skillet (or your fancy air fryer).
2. Whatever kind of rice you're after- get it going.
3. Chop up all additional veggies.
3. Using your blender or food processor, toss together the cashews, milk, tomatoes, onion, and spices. Blend that baby up until creamy. Spice it up per your preference.
4. As your protein is cooking, cook up your veggies in a skillet with a splash of oil. Once they're tender, toss the blender sauce in with it. Once the protein is done, add that (or not).
5. Pile your bowl high with rice, sauce, and protein.